TB Advanced Course
Registrations have closed.
This one day course has been designed to provide a detailed and multidisciplinary overview of modern TB diagnosis and management in New Zealand. The sessions are designed to be practical, interactive and case-based.
The course is aimed at participants from all disciplines involved in the management of TB patients, who wish to supplement their existing knowledge in more depth. Case-based discussion will allow for learning to be tailored to the needs of different individuals.
The sessions are also designed to complement the subsequent conference, and help those with less TB experience to get the most out of the conference sessions.
Date: Wednesday 27th November
Time: 9.00am to 4.30pm
Venue: Marion Davis Library, Auckland City Hospital
Cost: $75 with conference registration, $150 without/stand alone
Convenor: Dr Chris Lewis, Respiratory and TB Physician, Auckland District Health Board, Auckland, New Zealand
A detailed programme and speakers to be advised shortly and be available on the website.
Topics covered will include:
- Epidemiology of TB in NZ compared to overseas
- Clinical presentation of TB disease
- Laboratory diagnosis of TB
- Principles of TB treatment
- Treatment of drug resistant TB
- Adherance and DOTs
- Public Health: contact tracing, infection control, occupational screening
- LTBI diagnosis and treatment
- Interactive case discussions